Hi David, and thanks. The code is already up there in the tarball, but
I'll get the repo posted ASAP. I noticed pretty much everyone that
visits the Google Code site goes straight to Browse Source (duh! of
course :) and sees nothing, since the repo isn't there...

As for the libraries, yes and no. Yes I didn't want to use existing
libs, because the existing libraries that I knew of wouldn't let me
pretend that regular, pre-existing Django models are actually a triple
store. That's the trick I wanted to pull off, because I want to be
able to expose Django projects I've done for clients, as RDF data
sources, without changing the project code in any other way. None of
those guys would let me replace their databases with some triple
store.

(Not that I would seriously suggest it... "hey, guys, why don't we
drop the Oracle stuff and use this cool open source thingy instead?
No, it doesn't do transactions... No, also doesn't do X, Y, or Z...
What do you mean, go home?" :)

Put it another way, none of those libraries are very good at doing
what Django does best - fielding great database-driven web sites,
really fast. So I guess I was thinking, hey, I want to have my cake
and eat it too - I want to keep using the Django ORM, it works for me,
but I also want to process SPARQL and generate RDF/XML. Hence, the
triple store is implemented with Django models, syncvb churns out RDF/
OWL ontology fragments from regular Django models, the SPARQL engine
returns query sets (but not yet models, that's a little hard to do - I
think the models have to be dynamic for that to work) and so forth.

Arguing whether any of this is useful is a different matter, but it
was at the very least a fun exercise! (Of course it's useful!... ;)

But, no, there is no good reason not to reuse parts of libraries that
are distributed with a suitable license. My SPARQL compiler comes
nowhere close to what those other projects have, it might be nice to
drop in some more stable code. There are plenty of RDF/XML and N3
serializers, etc.

So -

RDFLib, I think I had that one mixed up with LibRDF. I need to take
another look. The parser and serializer collection is
promising - I'm not at all happy with my serialization stuff, I banged
it together without much of a thought. I think the only good thing to
say about my serialization stuff is that there is not a lot of it.

Redland (LibRDF) - I put in place the same kind of namespace[name] API
Redland has, that's rather neat. Raptor and Rasqal are promising in
the same way RDFLib is. But, Redland is pretty far removed from
Django. I didn't want to start doing things in a certain way because
that fit better with Redland. It's going to be useful to revisit
Redland later.

I think RDFAlchemy replaces the SQL database with a triple store,
which is exactly what I wanted not to do. Correct me if I got it
wrong.

Cheers,
Stefan