http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/forms/widgets.py
line 595:
output.append(u'<li><label%s>%s %s</label></li>' % (label_for,
rendered_cb, option_label))

1- I know there is argument in the CSS/designer community about
embedding <input> tags inside <label> tags, or not.

2- But, its pretty clear that the usability of  checkboxes drive the
"input first, label after"

Which leads me to the question:
     Why is django hardcoding HTML snippets in code
     ... when its clear that either the snippet is wrong, or arguable?

I'm left hard-coding form templates vs. trying to swapo-chango via
CSS.

Which leads me to question #2:
     What does django want me to do, or is this what I should be
doing?

-- joe