On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:15 AM, orokusaki <flashdesign...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have interest in this?

 1) Possibly. There are some complications to what you proposed. Model
Validation has a lot of history, and things are they way they are for
a reason -- and often, that reason is backwards compatibility.
Proposals to change model validation that don't demonstrate an
understanding of the history to the path won't be particularly well
received.

 2) You haven't chosen a particularly opportune time to start asking
questions like this. We aren't currently discussing new features, or
changes to existing features. We're in the bugfix period for Django
1.2, which is currently consuming the attention of the core team. This
includes finding (and squashing) the bugs with the model validation
code as implemented. Once Django 1.2 is out the door, we'll open the
floor for discussions about Django 1.3, at which point any concrete
proposal will be welcome.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)