On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 17:31, Russell Keith-Magee
<russ...@keith-magee.com> wrote:
>> <russ...@keith-magee.com> wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure I understand. Does that mean we can have
>> conflicting verbose_names? My mental unrolling of your advice brings
>> me to:
>
> The two verbose names are describing different things.
>
> "Novel" is the verbose name for a book object. The admin page for a
> list of "books" will be titled "Novel", and say "select a Novel", etc.
>
> "Paperback" is the verbose name for the relationship held between
> Authors and Books.

ok, got it. Cheers

> The only reason to get verbose_name and verbose_name_plural involved
> is when the automated scheme for class name de-munging won't work. The
> obvious use case for this is plurals: your list of Walrus objects
> should say "You have 3 Walruses", not "You have 3 Walruss".

In that case, how would I go about localizing the class name without
verbose_name? Surely that is a second reason to use verbose_name?

> The edge case that I'm referring to is the case where a verbose name
> isn't specified on the field, and you get one inherited from the
> object you're related to.

The problem I'm referring to is that the de-munged class name of a FK
on the admin page of the class containing that FK isn't acknowledging
the localisation?

I've added another working patch to the ticket, but no test for it
yet, and I'm sure I'm stil doing something wrong.

cheers
L.