On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM, David Larlet <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 11 juil. 2010 à 17:36, Russell Keith-Magee a écrit :
>> {% load custom_renderer %}
>> {% form myform %}
>>
>> Django would ship with {% form %} implementations of the 'as_p' and
>> 'as_ul' strategies, so getting 'as_p' rendering would mean:
>>
>> {% load xhtml_p_forms %}
>> {% form myform %}
>
> Just a personal feedback, to me the rendering strategy is related to a whole
> project and should be defined in settings, it's too easy to forget a loading
> in a template. I know that you can use the django.template.add_to_builtins
> function but it in this case it should be documented.

i'd say the other way around; it's not hard to imagine a single page
with two or three forms rendered with different styles: a 'main' one
rendered as_table(), and a footer field rendered as_p().  in that
case, {%load%}'ing the style is too coarse granularity.  i'd prefer an
optional parameter to {%form%} to choose the renderer.

something like:

class myformrenderer (forms.as_table):
  name = 'left_table'

and in the template you could say {% form myform:"left_table" %}

>> Doctypes
>> --------
>>
>> Once these two changes are in place, we use the form template tag
>> specify the doctype that is passed to the widget render call. A
>> 'html5_p_forms' library will pass 'html5' as the doctype when
>> rendering fields, and get HTML5-compliant form fields; the
>> 'xhml1_p_forms' library will pass 'xhtml1', and get XHMTL1-compliant
>> form fields.
> Again, why not directly in settings in order to be project's specific? Is
> there anybody mixing doctypes on the same website? (backward compatibility
> maybe?)

here i fully agree, doctype should be project-specific.

--
Javier