On 01/24/2015 10:56 AM, Marc Tamlyn wrote:
I'm not sure what the benefit here would be - the settings are evaluated at start up time, not on every request and the server would need to be restarted for it to change.

A patch to db.connections which allows the username and password to be looked up on each new connection might be interesting, although I'd be concerned that for any reasonably high traffic site this would be happening a *lot*, normally during a user request. Something like caching it and then clearing the cache when it changes upstream would be more appropriate.

This is addressed already by the system I referred to. I'll submit a patch for the database connections.

Marc