Update for the proof of concept CI tests from my side – thank you Tom for
the feedback. Here are the latest additions to the test suite & reports,
still living at https://thibaudcolas.github.io/django_admin_tests/,

- Added as much as I know about in the admin, and now also outside of it a
bit (startproject welcome page, error pages)
- Separated the issues between Axe and HTML_CS so the numbers are easier to
understand
- Added anchor links everywhere for easier navigation
- I’ve also started a draft list of "things to (potentially) audit", over
at
https://github.com/thibaudcolas/django_admin_tests#scope-for-future-audits

I think the next two big steps are what you mention:

- Having a way to track the number of issues over time. Currently the
report overwrites itself every week (well, every build). If you have a
suggestion on ways to demo this that would be useful please let me know.
Currently I’m thinking sparklines for each test case could be nice as a
proof of concept, and a sparkline for the total number of issues. Or see
whether I should get out of my comfort zone a bit and find a
dashboard/graphing tool to send the metrics to and graph there.
- Testing more features of modeladmin. I don’t use it too frequently myself
so don’t really know what’s “easy” to enable – if you know of an existing
test suite I could repurpose, or of an example of using a lot of
functionality – I’d be keen to invest time to add it to my test site.

Alternatively something else I could do is to file a ticket for
accessibility issues with the welcome page – I’ve tested it with screen
readers, there are a few issues, but nothing that should be too hard to
fix, and it might be a good demo of what reporting accessibility issues in
general could look like?

Cheers,

Thibaud