Hey everyone,
I am Manav and I am contributing to Django for the last few months. I am
developing projects using Django for the last 2 years. Currently, I was
working on a Django based project and was facing a problem. Sometimes, I
had to use the python manage.py shell along with the server running in the
other terminal window. It was a hard job for me to maintain 2 shells
running simultaneously though the other one which had the server running
was nothing to do with but still it was open in the background and also had
to manage browsers with them. Is there any functionality in Django to solve
the problem?
If there is not any, I may raise a ticket for this on trac and would be
happy to work on it.

Benefits of the feature would be as follows :
1. Admin would be able to work on a shell and database directly using a
command-line interface integrated within the browser like the SQL shell we
have in phpmyadmin.
2. No need to open a separate terminal for database management and shell.
3. the shell instance would be user-specific as per the permissions of the
respective user.
4. A complete command-line interface to manage admin.
5. No need to move the mouse, again and again, to add entries to the data
fields from the browser.