Hey Ryan,

That is a good question. Do we take the X in an X.Y series in the SemVer
way.
I’ve always thought not — the difference between 2.2 and 3.0 or 3.2 and 4.0
isn’t really a Major version change™ — we just roll on the same regardless
of the number (with slight wiggles for the deprecation policy).

Roughly counting here it seems like Me, Claude and Tim A would be +1, Tim G
and Mariusz I’m taking as -1, and a few that I wouldn’t put anywhere.

Similarly to last time round, that doesn’t really seem like a consensus to
do something different. So I think continuing with the current policy for
the next cycle seems favourite.

I’ll leave this here for another day or so in case there are further
comments.
Otherwise we’ll proceed.

Thanks all. I know lots of folks are already on 3.8 and beyond, but I think
it’s important that we at least think about it.

Kind regards,
Carlton