Hello! First, sorry if it is not appropriate to bring back this thread from
the grave, but I spent some time on finding a solution for this and came up
with an implementation that:

   1. Needs very little code
   2. Re-uses the existing code for the extends and include tags

I have written a Gist that contain the full code (including text) and a bit
of context:
https://gist.github.com/pvanliefland/bb676a906b900c7e29e46b474038a6ca

Do you think this is worth discussing here?

*Usage:*

  {% embed "section.html" %}
    {% block title %}Stats{% endblock %}
    {% block content %}