šŸ‘‹ Hi django-developers, I would like to revisit a very old feature
request: ticket #8652 Multiline tags and tag escape tags
<https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/8652>, proposed DEP Multiline
Template Tags <https://github.com/django/deps/pull/3>, and maling list
thread Revisiting multiline tags
<https://groups.google.com/g/django-developers/c/wRKgnMIhl6g/m/hMRHPIz4CgAJ>
.

There have been a lot of cases made against and for multiline template tags
across many threads. Iā€™m raising this on the mailing list not necessarily
to revisit those arguments but to ask:

   1. Is a DEP indeed the best way forward for this at this point in time?
   If so I will volunteer to author it (co-authors welcome!).
   2. The last DEP got blocked due to the lack of an implementation team
   and shepherd. If we made a new (proposed) DEP ā€“ is anyone here interested
   in helping in either positions?