On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 18:50 -0500, Eugene Lazutkin wrote:
> Yep. It depends on size. It seems that web server sends the first part of
> page up to some limit and stalls for a while. After that it may send the
> rest or append "internal_error.html" nonsense.
>
> Now I have to figure out who is the culprit: Apache, FastCGI server, Django
> (e.g., FastCGI portion of it), or some weird interaction of all of them. My
> bet is it is not Django, but who knows...

I have had a similar problem with django under fcgi (using the fcgi-wsgi
connector from flup).  On longer pages, most of the page is sent, then
it stalls until mod_fcgi times out listening to the fcgi-server, then
sends the rest of the page.  I have found a workaround for this, which
is to use flup's gzip middleware like so:

django-fcgi.py:
#!/usr/bin/python
from flup.server.fcgi_fork import WSGIServer
#from flup.server.fcgi import WSGIServer
from flup.middleware.gzip import GzipMiddleware

from django.core.handlers.wsgi import WSGIHandler

handler = WSGIHandler()
handler = GzipMiddleware(handler)
WSGIServer(handler).run()

This prevents the stalls, at least for browsers that support gzip
encoding!

I am not, at this time, sure where the problem lies; whether it is in
django's WSGI interface, in flup's fcgi-wsgi adapter, or in Apache's
mod_fcgi.
| Jason F. McBrayer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
|  "If you wish to make Pythocles wealthy, don't give him more   |
|   money; rather, reduce his desires."            -- Epicurus   |