2010/7/15 fabiofz <fabi...@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently working on providing an editor for django templates in
> Pydev (http://pydev.org).
>
> Now, while I do work with django templates sometimes, my experience is
> a bit limited with it -- so far I used it only for .html files,
> sometimes with some javascript in it, so, that's what I'm covering in
> the first step (mostly an html editor which knows about django
> templates and acts accordingly, giving syntax highlighting and code-
> completion for the common django constructs -- besides the code-
> completion for html).
>
> So, my doubt is: what are the other common use cases that a django
> templates editor should support? (is css common in django templates?
> Any other format?)
>
> Another thing: would the django structures be expected to be shown in
> the outline (or mostly just the language structure -- in this case
> html)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fabio

Hi Fabio!

These  are very good news. Perhaps with the title the question hasn't
given the right attention. In my oppinion you should remade it to
something like "RFC Django support in Eclipse using PyDev". Even with
the high memory comsumtion of Eclipse, the combination Eclipse + pyDev
is my first recommended option for Python and Django development IDE.
I have to confess my actual IDE is Vim and one of the reason that
makes me to made the editor change was the lack of support of Django
templates and (the biggest one) the high machine requisites of
Eclipse.

Django templates shoud support Django tags and filters, HTML, CSS and
Javascript, This is enougth. Code completion on Django tags would be a
nice add on, but Eclipse templates is usually enought.

Best regards,

--
Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com