2010/9/27 MrMuffin <thomas.weh...@gmail.com>:
> Where do you put your business logic in django? In my project I`ve put
> it into the models.py, but that file soon become huge and hard to
> maintain. Of course I can just stuff it into whatever file I like, but
> I`d like to have some standard way of doing this. There seems to be
> something missing in django when it comes to business logic. It`s all
> model, views and templates and that`s all great for small projects,
> but both the models.py and views.py very soon gets huge and how do you
> re-organize your project when that happens? Splitting views and models
> into seperate files is only a partial solution and that requires some
> hackish code in __init__.py to make syncdb etc work. And then there`s
> urls.py.
>
> Should there be a better and standardized way to organize huge
> projects in django?
>
> Thanks for your time.

Django allows you to split your project in applications, and Django
applications are quite linked to models. But you can create your own
libraries, this is Python. As an example, we create applications to
connect to different web services and we use Django in the project.
Each web service mapping is in its own Python packages. The Django
urls and views just uses that package.

Hope it helps!

--
Antoni Aloy López