Thanks for the reply,
but according to the django documentation
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/testing/#writing-unit-tests
 <http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/testing/#writing-unit-tests>test
runner looks for tests only in models.py or tests.py of a specific
application,,but my xyz.py is not present in any of the application.

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:42 PM, xvga <vgri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Girish,
>
> why don't you put tests.py in the same dir where xyz.py is?
>

> On Nov 18, 11:52 am, girish shabadimath <girishmss.1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > im working on a django project XXX,
> >
> > the directory structure is as follows:
> >
> > - project XXX
> >       -abc
> >          models.py
> >          views.py
> >          tests.py
> >          urls.py
> >      +docs
> >      +libs
> >      +logs
> >      +thirdparty
> >      +corns
> >       - AAA
> >          xyz.py
> >          aaa.py
> >      settings.py
> >      urls.py
> >
> > i need to write tests for xyz.py,  as i understood by readinghttp://
> docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/testing/#writing-unit-tests
> >  <
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/topics/testing/#writing-unit-tests>
> > ,tests
> > need to be present in any one application directory (here its abc ), but
> > xyz.py is not related to abc application so i cant
> > write tests for xyz.py in abc application. Where actually i should be
> > writing tests in this case?,,is there any other way?
> >
> > --
> > Girish M S

Girish M S