On Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:48:21 AM UTC, Vladimir wrote:

> Good morning!
> In me first exercise project with Django I met an error message:
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe0 in position
> 0: ordinal not in range(128). Admin pages are built without css.
> Then I changed all .py-files entering
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> into the first row and recreated database:
> ALTER DATABASE `djangodb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf-8 COLLATE
> utf8_unicode_ci
> I also tryed COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci. Then I recreated tables with
> manage.py syncdb.
> No effect. Is this a typical problem of Django beginners?
> I need only russian and english languages in my projects endeed.

You haven't posted any code, so it's impossible to help you. The error
message will have included a traceback, which you should post here, along
with the relevant model or view.

In my experience, though, this error is usually caused by returning
non-unicode strings from the __unicode__ method of a model.
--
DR.