First off, you'll probably get better responses on the Satchmo list.

Secondly, changing languages doesn't change currency symbols, which should
make sense. 1 Euro is not equal to 1 Dollar. If we were to change symbols,
we'd also need to do a currency conversion. It's not impossible by any means
just not something that is done out of the box.

-Chris