On 04/27/2011 04:06 PM, Kenny Meyer wrote:
Hi Shawn,

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/django-admin/#running-management-commands-from-your-code

Does this answer your question?

Kenny

Kenny,

This is *exactly* what I was looking for.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. It keeps saying that an app with that label can not be found.

I've traced it down to django.db.models.loading.py, which imports settings from django.conf, but it's always 'django.conf.LazySettings object' instead of the proper settings file.

This is odd, because os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] is properly set if I check it in pdb during that function.

I've even tried passing my settings module as a kwarg as described in the doc you sent which doesn't work either.
In any case, I'm using the default -- 'settings.py' in the project folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shawn