> So I have a tree in my database.  My question is that, how can I
> represent it on the web as a tree.  Something like this :

> Is there any example that I could study?

I used the category model here -
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/CookBookCategoryDataModelPostMagic

Then, used ElemenTree to create a nested list of the entries.  I would end
up with something like this -

<ul>
<li> Books
<ul>
<li> Fiction</li>
<li> Non-fiction</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

Once you get this data structure, you can use css, dhtml and javascript to
create some sort of dynamic hierarchy.

You can find the actual category code in svn here -
http://satchmo.python-hosting.com/file/trunk/satchmo/product/models.py

The template tag that creates the tree is here -
http://satchmo.python-hosting.com/file/trunk/satchmo/shop/templatetags/category_display.py

I hope this helps,
Chris