On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Michael <uphoff....@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [snipped description of makemessages for javascript failing to find some
> strings]

I am using Django 1.3.1,

> Well, I am happy again since I found out what the problem is. I write
> this here, because I havent found out how to report the bug -- anyway,
> probably someone should try to reproduce this.

https://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/16333 completely replaced the
Javascript parsing code used by makemessages, fixing several known problems
with that code. That change was done after 1.3 was released, and was not
back-ported to the 1.3.X branch, so it will be available in an official
release with 1.4.

I expect if you try your problematic Javascript code with current Django
svn trunk code, it will find all the strings correctly. If it does not then
the way to report the problem would be to open a ticket here:

https://code.djangoproject.com/newticket

Karen
--
http://tracey.org/kmt/