Hello,

Recently I had my first troll on my blog (http://trespams.com). In my
blog I usually write about Python and Django, and about the books I
read and other IT problems. When I write about Django I tag the posts
so it can appear in the Django Planet.
My mother language is Catalan, so I usually write my posts in this language..

The troll, lets call him Jim, as this is the nick he has chosen,
complains about having a non English entry in what he thinks is a
English only planet.
I'm a proud member of the Django communtiy since dec-2005, and one of
the thinks I liked about the planet and the Django community is that
is not just English focused. In the planet you can see posts in
languages other than English, although is true that most posts are in
this language. But Django itself, from its beginning has had a great
care in i18n and l10n, with the translation utilities, local flavour,
languages support, translations. So a multi language planet it just
another way to say we support many languages an communities.

Of course one can have more visibility writing in English, but I have
another point of view: for open source project is important to show
that there are local support. We a company has to decide if he's going
to use one tool or another, support is one of the things he evaluates.
A Planet showing multiple languages, multiple entries, shows that the
community is live, that the Django adoption is global.

So sorry Jim in not my fault, but I really appreciate your trolling,
as the trolls usually means the project is mature enought, and Django
really is.

Thanks for reading!

--
Antoni Aloy López