Am 05.08.2012 09:30, schrieb Sean O'Brian:
Hi!
I'm using Django CMS for a few of weeks and I like it. But there's one problem,
which I already ran into: I can't extend
Page model easily.
I found one tutorial <http://ilian.i-n-i.org/extending-django-cms-page-model/>,
but this not seem to be very
developer-friendly and author said that it's produces overwhelming SQL queries.
There's a lot of comparisons in the web, but most of them are old, and as I
noticed on github, the main competitors
(FeinCMS and Mezzazine) was actively developed last months.
Can you advice a mature and extensible CMS? The main requirement is extending
pages, for avatars for example.

Django CMS is used by many people. Please explain your problem on the django-cms mailing list. I guess it can be solved easily.

The above tutorial suggests to use an own model with a 1:1 relation-ship to the
page model. I use this pattern often if
I want to extend an app. It is developer friendly and you won't notice the fact
that there is one more SQL query.

Regards,
  Thomas

--