Hey everyone,
I have recently been setting up a Django 1.4.1 project with python 2.7.2
and MySQL. I am using fcgi to deploy my project in this environment because
mod_wsgi is not available through bluehost. After much frustration I have
gotten my site up to display the "it works" page. Now for some strange
reason I can not get it away from this page. I have set up the urls.py file
for the main project along with adding my app into the Installed_Apps
section of the settings.py file.
My .htaccess file is the following
*AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi*
*Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch*
*RewriteEngine On*
*RewriteBase /*
*RewriteRule ^(media/.*)$ - [L]*
*RewriteRule ^(adminmedia/.*)$ - [L]*
*RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(mysite.fcgi)*
*RewriteRule ^(.*)$ mysite.fcgi/$1 [L]*

My mysite.fcgi is the following
*#!/home1/propesn4/python27/bin/python*
*import sys, os*
*sys.path.insert(0, "/home1/propesn4/python27")*
*os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = "project.settings"
*
*sys.path.append("/home1/propesn4/project/")*
*from django.core.servers.fastcgi import runfastcgi*
*runfastcgi(method="threaded", daemonize="false")*
*
*
When I make changes to my django project I preform a *touch mysite.fcgi* so
that the fcgi agent knows there has been changes.
If anyone could lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!