deals_formset_factory = modelformset_factory(Deal, form=DealCForm, extra=1,
can_delete=True, max_num=5)
deals_formset = deals_formset_factory(queryset=query)

Is there a way to say the one extra form shall always be the first form no
matter how many more instance forms are within the deals_formset?

I found this bit in the
documentation<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/formsets/#formsets>
:

Iterating over the formset will render the forms in the order they were
created. You can change this order by providing an alternate implementation
for the __iter__() method.

Formsets can also be indexed into, which returns the corresponding form. If
you override __iter__, you will need to also override __getitem__ to have
matching behavior.

As I am still a bit new to python/django, I don't know where to begin. Is
there any short example how __iter__() and __getitem() override have to
look like?

many Thanks