Hey,

I'm not sure there is a specific Project Management (which to me implies
Software Engineering) style that people use with Django. In my experience,
using agile methodologies work great; You can quickly prototype your idea
and enhance your product as needed.

The tutorial, as others have mentioned, is a great starting point to learn
about the Django Framework. For the purpose of a university course, I would
keep the technologies as simple as possible: Use SQLite for the database
(this comes with Django), use Django's built-in 'runserver' for development
purposes until you need to push the web application to a production (read:
live) environment. I would focus on things such as building Models, using
Forms and Views to get and display any related data, and maybe some
semi-complex Templates related functionality such as Template Inheritance.

Depending on the depth of the course, it would be very great knowledge for
the students to know how to use a traditional DBMS with Django. It would
also be very beneficiary for the students to learn how to configure an HTTP
Server to communicate with a Django Application. However, these are only
details related to the deployment of Django and can easily set the students
on a wide tangent from the objective of teaching students how to manage and
implement a web application project using the Django framework.

Hopefully that helps answer your question a bit. Good luck!