I have created my own collection of plugins for my django and Python work
with vim: autocomplete, sysntax check, templates, etc. This is mine:
http://code.google.com/p/trespams-vim/ but there are others like
https://github.com/fisadev/fisa-vim-config or
http://sontek.net/blog/detail/turning-vim-into-a-modern-python-ide

--