Ivan Sagalaev wrote:
> carlwenrich wrote:
> > Thanks. I like the hidden input type idea.
>
> In practice it's harder.
>
> > About sessions, do they
> > still work if the user's browser doesn't accept cookies?
>
> They don't. But in current web cookies are pretty much a requirement for
> sane browsing anyway so in practice they are enabled in almost all browsers.

If you really want to get around absence of cookies, you could split
the difference, and pass on db id of session (or your other custom
object) in a hidden variable. You could even write your own context
processor, and contrive to put the form wrapper in a base template
together with the hidden "input" tag so as to encapsulate the passing
of the id. It could then make the session object avaiable as if cookies
had been turned on.

....Or, after thinking about it for moment, you could decide to use the
regular session, and decide to support the above workaround for cookies
turned off "in the future"; if you set it up your forms to derive from
some base template now (and only ever wanted one form per page), you
could always drop in pass through "someday"....

- Shaun