Raniere,

Another possibility is to do the temporary storage on the server
instead of the client.  Use _javascript_ to make an occasional Ajax
call to the server to store the current data in the session.  Don't
necessarily have to store it in the DB.  Make the occasional calls
based on a _javascript_ timer or something.  Many web-based tools
use this technique.  For example, Google Docs.

--Fred

Fred Stluka -- mailto:f...@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.