Mike,

Yeah.  Makes sense.  Good thought about the UUIDs!  My success
was due partly to the fact that I could afford to move entire tables,
not just selected rows, and could move all related tables as well.

Trying to move just some of a related set of data from one DB to
another with each DB generating its own set of auto-incremented
PKs would have been a problem.

--Fred

Fred Stluka -- mailto:f...@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.