On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 3:01 AM, sum abiut <suab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> i am having some issues with my url pattern. i can't seem to figure out
> the problem. i am running django 1.11.
>
> <.. snip..>
> urls.py
> from django.conf.urls import url
> from django.contrib import admin
>
> from . import views
>

> urlpatterns = [
>     url(r'^$',views.login,name='login'),
>
>     #url('', views.edit_user),
>     url(r'success/$', views.success),
>
> ]

What's confusing you is the '^$' pattern which you believe should be
activated if you navigate to "http://localhost:8000/"; where in fact this
will point to the root url module under your rbv_payslip package.

That root url module has a pattern called "userprofile" which in turn
includes the url file you posted above. If you look closely at the error
you're getting, django is telling you that it could not find the pattern
you tried, but it found "admin" and "userprofile". The latter should
work for you.

Have a look at this part of the tutorial:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/intro/tutorial01/#write-your-first-view

Regards,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFwtXp2MZDC8Hj7styWQNDWPtJWBCv6D4vsoczVqO094CZXu1Q%40mail.gmail.com.