My software classifies chemical hazards according to intrinsic physical properties. This requires accessing large quantities of reference data imported from jurisdictions around the world. The tests demand correct classification for known properties.

There are dozens of different classification types for physical, health and environmental hazards. Here is the current spec ...
https://www.unece.org/trans/danger/publi/ghs/ghs_rev07/07files_e0.html

Then we have transport hazards based on UN reference data for air, sea and land transport. Here is the current spec ...
https://www.unece.org/trans/danger/publi/unrec/rev20/20files_track_e.html

Then there are regulatory workplace exposure limits and biological monitoring criteria which has to be fetched from more reference tables based on jurisdictions specified.

Then there are mixtures. Known properties of ingredients in various proportions produc different classifications. The software (and tests) must classify a mixture correctly. Some ingredients react together in known stoichiometric proportions to form a reaction product with its own known properties. In such a mixture partly reacted like that the tests have to prove correct classification.

Some of the properties are common and some depend on whether a substance is gas, liquid or solid. Nano is another. So there are core classification methods plus a separate set each for gas, liquid and solid. Then there are other sets for different acute toxicity routes (skin, inhalation, ingestion), chronic toxicity, specific organ toxicity for single and multiple exposures, explosion characteristics, oxidizing properties, corrosive to metal, skin and eyes, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, ototoxicity and the list continues with aquatic and other environmental classifications.

There is more but I really have difficulty working out how to test end-points without invoking the calculations which in turn require construction of test substances and mixtures with model methods doing self-classification according to assigned test properties and the reference material.

On the topic of testing via SQLite3 when the production environment uses Postgres, I have found remarkably identical behaviour. Provided you *also* test with the same DBMS I see no problem.

Nothing gets into production without being tested with Postgres using BuildBot to manage it. As it happens the development server always uses Postgres. I have the option of testing in development with either SQLite3 or Postgres but cannot remember the last time I tested in development with Postgres.

Most of my dev testing is restricted to individual test classes which run relatively (for me!) quickly. I only run the full suite when I head off to lunch or Pilates or for a bike ride.

However, I would love my tests to run as fast as yours. How much would you charge me to make that happen?

Cheers

Mike