Miscellaneous thoughts follow in no particular order.

I always like to start with some kind of entity relationship (ER) diagram.
This makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of things.

Read the description in the Django Docs of JSONfields. They don't really do
what you want.

I think what you want instead is what I call  an association table.

Your problem description is somewhat scattered and hard to follow. A good
ER diagram will help clean that up.

I suggest you start with a subset of your problem, one that can be easily
diagrammed and programmed. Once you get that working then consider adding
another piece of the puzzle.

Regarding data entry forms: consider drawing a diagram or what sometimes we
call wireframe description of the form.

In several places you refer to weighting but you never describe the actual
algorithm for weighting.

Since I'm dictating this to my mobile phone it's hard to refer back to your
original email. So I will end here and perhaps write more later.

Thank you for starting this discussion. Please let me know your thoughts
regarding my comments.

Bob gailer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAP1rxO57oH%2BzC%3D1mfQQiaLn%3Dw46TLetVD4iqSGSGe-wRethfRA%40mail.gmail.com.