My guess is that the index url is supposed to return "detail," but, then,
why even have that "detail" function in the code?  I think I have been
spending too long on this and need to move.  I would appreciate it if
anybody would explain this to me.  Adding "detail" to the functions just to
provide a return message for the. index page seems odd. But if I take it
out, I get an error message in the code and it won't run.  Hmmm.  I wish I
understood this.