I've been trying to get the fixtures working in order to beef up the unit
tests with my app.  I'm running into an issue and wonder if anyone else
has seen this.

I can serialize the data just fin.  When I try to load the data, I get the
error below.  I've tried this with the XML and brand new PyYaml serializer
and get the same error:

Installing xml fixture 'initial_data' from '/full/path/shop/fixtures'.
Problem installing fixture '/full/path/shop/fixtures/initial_data.xml':
Invalid value: 'site' should be a <class
'django.contrib.sites.models.Site'> instance, not a <type 'unicode'>

Has anyone else seen this?

I can not use the JSON serializer because it chokes on decimal types.  I
don't think this is a model issue - it seems to be a problem with the
serialized handling sites properly.

-Chris