On 14-Mar-07, at 10:46 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> how do people deploy Django projects with subversion?  We did a simple
> checkout at a client's and when we need to do updates, we copy his
> settings.py file somewhere outside the directory, do the svn update,
> we copy the settings.py

never ever put settings.py under version control - the risk of it
showing up on some trac or other gui and exposing your passwords is
too great. Most of us keep a dummy file like settings.default in the
repo and manually maintain the settings.py file. Anyway, there will
be differences between your development copy of settings.py and the
production copy.

--

regards
kg