On 7/24/07, gorans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I though that there could be a way to trick Django into reading
> special development settings for me, something like having a settings
> 'package' import separate settings files:

No need for any special handling - just use the --settings option to
manage.py, or the DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable.

./manage.py --settings=mysite.localsettings runserver

or

./manage.py --settings=mysite.serversettings runserver

If there are common elements in the two settings file, then put

from mysite.commonsettings import *

at the top of your localsettings/serversettings file. This will pull
in all the settings from the common settings file.

If putting your settings files into a package will make organization
easier, go right ahead - just remember to put the extra path into your
--settings. e.g.:

./manage.py --settings=mysite.settings.serversettings runserver

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)