Greg... I'm curious as to why you're iterating over the entire
request.POST  when you could just use the id of each pad that you've
previously passed to your template to retrieve it from the
request.POST dict, as that is what you've named your select statements
with?

While iterating through all of the request.POST key/value pairs works,
if you choose to later add any other inputs to your screen that aren't
drop downs for your CarpetPads, you'll have to add special code for
each of them so that your code won't attempt to add a RugPad for those
key/value pairs.  Just wanted to point that out, in case you might
need to do that later.

Carole