Why not have a base template that contains the menu variable ( I put
mine in a session variable accessible to the templates named menu ),
then have all of your other templates extend from that template?

In base.html:

<head>your header code</head>
        {% block menu %}
        {{ menu }}
        {% endblock%}

        {% block content %}{% endblock %}

Then in your other templates:
{% extends "base.html" %}

{% block content %}
content for your html specific page here
{% endblock %}