Folks,

Any thoughts on how I can implement the following elegantly in Django?

A first table contains let's say "product" records, which have a bunch
of attributes on which the admin pages provide filtering and sorting.
A second table contains "sales" records, which have a field referring
to the "product".
Now I want to create a page "product sales per month" which shows a
table with the sales of a product, bucketized per month.

My first-pass implementation is a raw SQL query in a custom view and
template. It works fine but it doesn't have the same sorting and
filtering capabilities as the "product" list in the admin ui.
Is there a way to achieve the same in better django-style, and re-
using the admin capabilities in my custom view and template?

All feedback highly appreciated!

Johan