Hi, I know that this might not belong in the framework, but since this
widget is part of the newforms, I thought I could ask this.

I was wondering if this widget could be modified so that when rendering
an unbound form, the initial values for month, day and year could be
set, as to force the users to choose the appropriate date and prevent
common errors where (because date was not manually set) it is set to a
valid 'January 1, YYYY'.

Perhaps there could an optional parameter added that would instruct the
widget to render itself in such as way that the user is forced to select
the month, data and year.

Just a small improvement to that I think could help avoid some common
omissions when processing the form.