"I have set up django with mod_python on apache successfully"

What do you mind by set up django inside Apache?

You mean that mod_python read and works ok with your Python files, or that a
Django project you've made is already working in that Apache server.

In any case, I'll look for what settings.py file is the vhost running the
django site is reading, and if it's poiting to the rigth URLConf

Greets,
Angel