On Oct 2, 6:37 am, staff-gmail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can't figure out where to put my css and js files.  I did not want to
> hard code the media path in my settings file so it is the default ''.
> So if I put a css file in my template - where does Django look for the
> relative path ?  Any help appreciated.

The default location for serving static files (like css and js) is
specified by the media setting in the settings.py file. But most users
maintain separate directories for these and then serve them as static
files by making changes in the urls.py file.

Check out http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/static_files/ for
more details.

Cheers
Thejaswi Puthraya