Yup. My code is essentially the same thing as the one at the very
bottom.  I've tried 3 or 4 different fcgi scripts that people claim
have worked with django, they all produce this though.

As it turns out, I'm actually going to be moving to another server and
probably using mod_fastcgi, so it's not so critical that I actually
fix this.  But I will keep my existing setup running that produces
this so that if anyone has any ideas, we can maybe work out a
solution.

If you search the group archives, apparently people have had this
problem before.  And I'd bet if more people tried to deploy on shared-
host FCGI, we'd see a lot more reports of it.

--maqr