On Oct 17, 12:33 am, koenb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the latest patches for multi-db the QuerySet that is returned is no
> longer fixed, but varies with the model's manager. That should fix
> that problem for now.
>
> Koen

I've installed the latest patches for multi-db agains revision 6453.
It had the same problem.  Then I removed the import connection and
replaced it as suggested and got the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/models/
manager.py", line 65, in all
    return self.get_query_set()
  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/models/
manager.py", line 56, in get_query_set
    QS = self.db.connection.ops.query_set_class(_QuerySet)
  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/django/db/backends/
oracle/base.py", line 96, in query_set_class
    connection = self.model._default_manager.db.connection
AttributeError: 'DatabaseOperations' object has no attribute 'model'

> On 17 okt, 09:03, Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I don't know anything about the multi-db branch, but I imagine that
> > whatever QuerySet does to get the correct connection should work in
> > OracleQuerySet as well.
>
> > Note the mere existence of OracleQuerySet will still be problematic in
> > multi-db environments that mix Oracle databases with non-Oracle
> > databases, since OracleQuerySet replaces QuerySet entirely when Oracle
> > is used.  However, OracleQuerySet is a hack that will be going away
> > after the QuerySet refactor, which solves both problems in the long
> > run.
>
> > Ian

I will take a look at what QuerySet does to get the connection and see
how it differs from OracleQuerySet.

Thanks.  If you have anything else, I appreciate it.  If I happen to
solve the problem, you'll see it here.

Carlos