Marcio,

>>What is the status of this issue now? Anyone found a solution?

Yes, using py2exe for packaging a django application sure is possible.

Based on my py2exe+django experience with frePPLe [1]:

1) py2exe is an excellent way to package a django application in a
simple and straightforward way:
With no database, no web server and no python to install, it is very
simple for a user to install and testdrive the software.

2) For production use, I would not recommend deploying such a django
py2exe application.
Django is designed to be a web application framework, not a desktop
application framework.
For desktop applications in python, use a gui toolkit instead:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming

>>I tried a very simple py2app setup but stoped at the question of
>>calling "python manage.py runserver" from my starting script.
>>execfile() doesn't allow arguments ("runserver"). Any suggestion?

Django's development server is single threaded, and not a good choice
for your app.
Have a look at cherrypy or DjangoCerise.
And here's the 'runserver' script I use for the frePPLe py2exe
application:

http://frepple.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/frepple/trunk/contrib/installer/runserver.py?revision=511&view=markup

Regards,

Johan