Hey,

You have the media root correct, it points to a file in the system
that contains the media. It is good for file upload use.
The media url is basically what serves up the files and media for you,
it is basically a site url, like if ur in the develpoment server it
owuld be something
like

http://localhost: ... /<name of ur media folder>

The admin media prefix is another path to a media folder, this is
related to
the style of the admin interface i believe, that will just be a path
to some folder on
ur system. hope some of that helps, i struggled with the first two in
my attempts to
get a file upload system working.
Search my user name a little more and u might find some more examples
that might
be better than mine, cause i had the same questions.

Jacob