Thanks for the replies fellas...

I got around it for the time being by using context['object_id'] in my node class and it worked, but I'll rewrite it to use the resolver method...

Thanks for the tip,
Aaron

Steven Armstrong wrote:
Aaron Fay wrote on 02/04/08 21:21:

Hi list,

I have a custom template tag that is supposed to take an argument from
the template kinda like this: {% profile_user_id object_id %}, problem
is 'object_id' is literally showing up as 'object_id' and not 5 or
whatever it's supposed to be.  I think the issue is I'm working within
the context or something (no idea really)...

Read about resolve_variable at
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/templates_python/#passing-template-variables-to-the-tag