I have used html2pdf in the past and it is awfully easy! In one of my
apps, I had a requirement that each page be also available as pdf.
so

def view_func(self):
   ..normal processing
  if request.GET.has_key('pdf'):
        #Get the pdf template
        html = StringIO.StringIO(template.render(Context(payload)))
        result = StringIO.StringIO()
        pdf = pisa.CreatePDF(html, result)
        return HttpResponse(result.getvalue(), mimetype='application/
pdf')