You can certainly hide this additional complexity with your
application either using Django as a pass through or configuring up
something with a reverse proxy in Apache or such. There's no reason
that I can think of that the complexity of maintaining a queueing
system for asynchronous processing would need to be passed outward to
a user.

If you want to give the user feedback on what's happening, you might
consider maintaining a state message like "in progress" or such within
Django that can be polled via an Ajax call or the like.

-joe