Hi everybody,

I'm working on a image processing pipeline for french astrophysicians
using web services through django.
i'm using mysql database with innodb storage engine.I need to use geo
django because i must be able to locate images taken by telescops in
the celestial sphere (with mutlipolygon queries).
I know that geodjango works partially with mysql (only MBR functions,
and spatial queries reduced to work with myisam tables).
But what does it mean?

each image is a multipolygon. i have a image table in mysql containing
a multipolygon field, this multipolygon is computed by reading image's
header in a python data structure. So i have the structure of the
multipolygon(the image) and i want to save it in my database .

In my models.py :
from django.contrib.gis.db import models (and it works, everything is
imported)
class Image(...)
   skyfootprint = models.MultiPolygonField()
   objects = models.GeoManager()
But after that , what could i do?
i have to transform it in a wkt format to save in mysql? how ? is
geomfromtext function exists with this configuration?

i tried to insert it directly in mysql like that, for testing:
SET @g = 'MULTIPOLYGON((0 0,10 0,10 10,0 10,0 0),(5 5,7 5,7 7,5 7, 5
5))';
INSERT INTO spica2_image (skyfootprint) VALUES (GeomFromText(@g));
nothing works:
ERROR 1416 (22003): Cannot get geometry object from data you send to
the GEOMETRY field

what is the right insert expression?
Can i do it through django and how?

Could anyone have a little experience in this kind of thing?
Or just a simple example of how it works with mysql?

Really thanks in advance...

Greg